Re: dpkg and hardlinks

In article <[🔎] 49C8DCDB.90405@beeznest.net> you write:
>Before the upgrade, the file is a hardlink (because I hardlinked it
>manually), then it tries to upgrade the file/hardlink. Does it "break"
>the hardlink* before upgrading the file or does it overwrite the
>file/hardlink and all of its "siblings"?
>
>* because it knows it is supposed to be a plain file, and it no longer is.

Your language suggests that you don't understand how hard links
work. A hard link to a file *is* a plain file.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_link for some explanation.

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.