Re: [dissenting]: Proposal: Enhance requirements for General resolutions

2009/3/23 Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:

>> Secondly, the GR process depends heavily on the possibility of developers
>> to offer amendments and extra options on the ballots. In particular it
>> is vital that middle-ground options get on the ballot. Requiring of them
>> a high number of seconds might bar them from being on the ballot, because
>> they are not preferred options, but compromises.
>
> I agree, and I'm a bit concerned that everybody seems to think that it's
> a good idea to increasing the number of required seconds, while I really
> think that it's a terrible idea.

IANADD, but I think that if the concern is that amendments aren't
going to have enough seconds, you could amend the proposal not to
affect them: after all once you're having a ballot, having one more
option is not that huge effort more for the voter, so it seems
sensible that amendments need fewer seconds...
Cheers,

Luca