Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 08:13:54PM +1300, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-03-22 at 03:34 +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 08:07:23PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > > NEW rejections are even stronger than an RC bug.  Apart from questions of
> > > whether that's useful documentation for users, I have a hard time seeing
> > > either of your reasons stated above as being RC-level bugs.
> >
> > You don't think that possible DFSG problems are RC bugs? :/
>
> Do you mean as in "guilty until proven innocent"?

No, because that's a horrendous framing of the issue.

However, with licensing and the DFSG, things are a little different. It is our
responsibility to thoroughly check a package before we upload it, and that
usually means checking every single file. I would like to think that no one is
uploading packages with the *hope* that they are DFSG free.