Re: RFC: Better formatting for long descriptions

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 23:32:51 +0100
Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 07:20:43PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> > I'd like to get the longest descriptions out of Packages.gz completely,
> > so encouraging their retention it not ideal. It's not about whether 2
> > or 3 spaces should be used, it's about whether such detailed content
> > deserves to be in Packages.gz in the first place.
>
> Then I wonder why you hijacked this thread and did not rather start a
> new one?

If large numbers of package descriptions are to change collectively,
it's best to make that one change with two aims rather than two separate
changes. Less work for everyone involved.

Just looking for a bit of consideration for those situations where the
Packages file is already too large.

--

Neil Williams