Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 09:56:39AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> No, it doesn't.
>
> If I have a good upstream and am confident that the work has been correctly
> licensed, there's no reason for me to go through the software file-by-file
> just to double-check this.

As I have been corrected, so apologies are in order.

However, there have been times when I have realised after some time that the
copyright information in the upstream is woefully incomplete or inaccurate. I
had similarly doing blanked declarations in debian/copyright which turned out to
be wrong because I had not checked.

When I found this, I sent the issue upstream:

  http://tinyurl.com/ctargs

And I was fortunate that they did a massive overhaul and a re-release.

Best,