Re: Missing gconf schema

Le jeudi 19 mars 2009 à 11:12 -0700, Ludovico Cavedon a écrit :
> are application using gconf *required* to have provide a schema?
> In other words, does it make sense to file a bug against applications
> which fail to do so?

Theoretically, any application should work without its schemas
installed. Upstream considers it a bug otherwise. Practically speaking,
we are far from there and it’s safer to consider them required.

In all cases, it is really annoying to not have the schema installed,
because the default will be often incorrect, and there is no
documentation about the keys’ meaning.

--
 .''`.      Debian 5.0 "Lenny" has been released!
: :' :