Re: group nvram

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Please do not as it will allow users which need to access Thinkpad-specific
> devices (== /dev/nvram) access to /dev/{mem,kmem,port}. That's a huge security
> hole in my opinion.

Which are?  If you mean people running tpb, tpb is as far as I know,
completely obsolete on anything that can run thinkpad-acpi.

I am honestely curious about it, and I can *do* something about it easily if
there is some functionality missing from thinkpad-acpi that is commonly used
on thinkpads that will run Debian Squeeze.

  Henrique Holschuh