Re: ARM hardware available for developers

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 08:05:50PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> I have a number of ARM devices/boards that I no longer need and I'm
> looking for developers or testers who can do something useful with
> them.  Those devices have been given to me to improve Debian support,
> and so they should be used for Debian related activities
> (debian-installer tests and development, kernel work, or other things
> you can think of).

In a similar tune, I have the following gear to offer:

  - 1x Allnet ALL6500 (Thecus N2100)
  - 1x Kurobox HG (266Mhz powerpc)
  - 1x IO-Data lan tank (266Mhz superH)

All of them have a serial port available.

> Since I somehow have to get the hardware to you, I'd prefer to hear
> from people in Europe or the US but this is no absolute requirement.

> Note that none of these devices come with hard drives.

> If you're interested, please contact me privately and tell me the
> following information:

>  - What you would like to do with the device - if you don't clearly
>    show that you'll do something useful with the device, you definitely
>    won't get it.  People who will actively contribute to Debian's ARM
>    port get bonus points.
>  - What kind of experience you have.
>  - Is there one device you'd prefer?
>  - Where are you located?

Same instructions. If you are coming to debconf this yead, it doesn't matter
where you are located.

> If I decide to send you a device, the following rule applies: this
> device is to be used for Debian related work.  If you no longer have
> the time or interest in doing something useful with the device, it's
> your obligation to find another person who will do something useful
> (and Debian related) with it and give it to them.

The ALLNET was donated for debian work, the rest are more flexibly
available for any kind of free software work.

"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups