Re: group nvram

Le mardi 17 mars 2009 à 14:51 +0100, Luca Niccoli a écrit :
> >From policykit page:
> PolicyKit is specifically targeting applications in rich desktop
> environments on multi-user UNIX-like operating systems.
>
> Oh dear yes, another hal-like crap piece of software is just what we
> need the whole system to rely on.

Marco pointed at the wrong piece of software. PolicyKit is meant for
GUIs that authenticate users to grant them extra privileges. The one
that helps dealing with hardware without the need for groups is
ConsoleKit, which allows to grant D-Bus privileges based on who is
physically using the machine.

Applications making use of such features only need to depend on D-Bus.

--
 .''`.      Debian 5.0 "Lenny" has been released!
: :' :