Re: Breaking /emul/ia32-linux for squeeze

This one time, at band camp, Tollef Fog Heen said:
> ]] Stephen Gran
>
> | Put another way, I can't think of a valid use for an amd64 binary
> | depending on a ppc32 binary.
>
> Package: foo
> Depends: sed
>
> (sed is Essential: yes, but I think you get the point.)

I don't see what the architecture of sed has to do with it in that
example.  My main point was that I don't see why a binary of one
architecture will need to explicitly depend on a binary of another
architecture *and the architecure of that second binary matters*.  Sorry
if that last point wasn't clear.  Of course there will be shell scripts
and so on that will execute whatever binary happens to be first in PATH,
but that's not an explicit architecture relationship that calls for the
sort of grotesquery mentioned.