Re: Breaking /emul/ia32-linux for squeeze

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 02:36:17PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> writes:
>
> > Goswin von Brederlow a écrit :

> >> Already broken for 2 stable releases.
> >
> > We are not using multiarch paths in Debian, so this has never happens.
> > When using standard /usr/lib paths, people are expecting that the paths
> > collide. When using multiarch they do not expect that, as it the goal of
> > multiarch.
>
> All biarch packages contain binary objects of a foreign architecture
> (that is kind of the point of them). Some do contain binaries. Some
> contain conffiles. One contains the dynamic loader. Prime example is
> libc6 vs. libc6-i386/amd64.

Why can't we move the dynamic linker as well?  It's not hard-coded; it's
in the DT_INTERP section of the ELF binary.  If you have a multi-arch
/lib as well as /usr/lib, there's no reason why it's not possible to
move it (and obviously keep a symlink until everything is rebuilt).

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh