Re: tex-common with triggers support

On Mi, 11 Mär 2009, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > It's fair game to add a Lintian test for whether a program is called in
> > postinst that isn't needed any more.  If that's the case here, please do
> > file a wishlist bug against Lintian with the details.  (It's always
> > possible that someone wasn't using debhelper, for example.)
> I think it’s indeed the case. I’ll leave it up to -tex-maint to decide
> whether they want to file the bug or not. I’d recommend for it, since it
> can’t hurt.

The problem that the code is a real mess, it does not add the updmap-sys
call, but some magic strings that are tested for in case statements. It
is tricky.

Unfortunately I don't have time to think about that with TL2008 on the
back, and texinfo dpkg/GNU i-i transition.

Best wishes

SUTTON and CHEAM (nouns)
Sutton and cheam are the kinds of dirt into which all dirt is
divided. 'Sutton' is the dark sort that always gets on to
light-coloured things, 'cheam' the light-coloured sort that clings to
dark items. Anyone who has ever found Marmite stains on a dress-shirt
or seagull goo on a dinner jacket (a) knows all about sutton and
cheam, and (b) is going to some very curious dinner parties.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff