Re: Support of new source packages in squeeze

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 03:10:22PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > That said, TopGit will not lose track, and if you employ a smart
> > branch-naming-scheme, neither will you.
> The point is: is it simpler to use than quilt push/pop/edit or not?

No.

It is more expressive, and can give more easily access to individual
patches (e.g. for pushing them upstream) when they get entangled with
others.  I'm using it because I'm convinced that it implements the
right® packaging work-flow, as no other tool we currently have in our
toolbox.

... but it is, still, way more complex than legacy patch systems.
Also, it requires serious git-fu if you get stuck.

Cheers.