Re: Support of new source packages in squeeze

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> >
> > I will do (thanks to Lucas Nussbaum) another archive rebuild in the
> > upcoming weeks to see if we have new failures. Hopefully the release team
> > can grant the status of release goal to this project so that we can more
> > easily NMU the remaining packages.
> >

> Will you do that only for packages which already use quilt?
> Or how will you rebuild packages with 3.0 (quilt) that already use dpatch or
> cdbs with simple-patchsys?

The implementation of "3.0 (quilt)" is done in a way that is (as much as
possible) not conflicting with all those patch systems. So I do nothing
special with those packages… many of them simply end up without quilt
series since all the relevant changes are in the other patch system.

That said, it is my hope that people will progressively switch to quilt
series so that we have less patch systems to deal with.

The NMU campaign certainly won't cover this, at least not for package that
do not FTBFS with the new source format. And even the others, it might be
possible that the only change done would be to add "1.0" in
debian/source/format to keep the old format until the maintainer decides
to switch to something else.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/