Re: Prefix level in Quilt patches

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>
> > How can I reliably inform the Debian packaging tools that my quilt
> > patches are in ‘patch -p0’ format?
>
> You don't want to use -p0 otherwise you'll get bugs from buxy about
> not supporting dpkg source package v3.

Hmm. Why does buzy have this behaviour? My first impression is that,
if buxy can't handle a ‘-p0’ patch, that's a bug.

> If you actually want -p0 for some weird reason

As mentioned, the reason is that's what is most easily output from my
VCS's ‘diff’ command which I'm using to generate the patch files.

> make sure the series file has that option in it:
>
> $ locate debian/patches/series | xargs grep -- -p0
> /home/pabs/devel/debian/games/gravitation/debian/patches/series:abs_path.patch
> -p0
> /home/pabs/devel/debian/games/passage/debian/patches/series:abs_path.patch -p0
> /home/pabs/devel/debian/games/passage/debian/patches/series:amd64_fix.patch -p0

Thank you. I didn't see this mentioned clearly in the Quilt
documentation.

--
 \     “Are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, Brain, but |
  `\   pants with horizontal stripes make me look chubby.” —_Pinky and |