Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?
- From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
- Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:31:36 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 49aab868.W2skaZBnUl5Rnk0b%Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <49a5012c.6fUH5DhqleECPPKH%Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> <email@example.com> <49a66e9d.Dk0lNXVw2wiad0dj%Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> <49A718D9.firstname.lastname@example.org> <49a7232f.6oZzUAhH3kVk8yjD%Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> <1235729659.5184.50.camel@petrie> <49a7c6e6.HX7CxH92VOJ3s1nT%Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> <1235733437.17558.10.camel@petrie> <49a7cdd8.PCxOloUTbpx8wrJb%Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> <1235734191.17558.14.camel@petrie> <49a7d088.KrrldhQ7Qr0qXwS2%Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> <1235736276.4914.24.camel@shizuru> <49a7ddbb.RsHLc6rsatWVYwk0%Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> <email@example.com>
Kalle Kivimaa <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling) writes:
> > Josselin Mouette <email@example.com> wrote:
> >> Change your license, and maybe we???ll be able to think of collaborating.
> > You seem to be unable for collaboration as you try to blackmail me.
> Stating a fact is not blackmail. As SFLC has determined that CDDL and
> GPL are incompatible , Debian is unable to distribute any software
> If you feel that the SFLC's opinion is wrong, you are of course free
> to provide us with competent legal advice countering SFLC's opinion.
>  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-news-team/2009-February/000413.html
I prefer to listen to credible statements.....
The only true claim in the quoted text is that Mark Shuttleworth did stop his
attempt to switch to cdrtools - I am sorry to see his change in supporting
His change in mind was based on intentionally wrong and self contradicting
statements made by Eben Moglen.
I have a private mail exchange with Eben Moglen where Moglen explains why
there is no problem with the specific GPL CDDL combination that is used in
mkisofs. These statements from Eben Moglen (made to me in private) are not
self contradicting and thus more credible (*). Given the fact that the Sun legal
department also made a full in depth legal review for cdrtools and did not find
and problem, I am still waiting for a fact based proof for the so-called problem.
*) He even concurs with me that the claims about CDDL GPL compatibility made
on the web pages from the FSF are wrong.
Let me conclude: the claim that there is a license problem in the original
cdrtools is nothing but libel.
EMail:firstname.lastname@example.org (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
email@example.com (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/
URL: http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/ ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schily