Re: Transition: krb5 to drop Kerberos IV (libkrb53 restructuring)

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009, Loïc Minier wrote:
>  I had a case recently where this wasn't too convenient with the ffmpeg
>  package: it depends on a bunch of libs split in their own packages in
>  the same source.  The goal was to have a =binary:Version dep for ffmpeg
>  on these libs, and use a relaxed version for the shlibs for other
>  programs (ffmpeg calls into private ABI).
>
>  In this particular case, it was simpler to use a shlibs.local with
>  stricter deps during this build, while shipping relaxed shlibs.

You can perfecly add a =binary:Version dependency in debian/control
directly, the relaxed dependency will be auto-removed by the
dpkg-gencontrol because it is implied by the former one.

Where's the problem ?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog