ucf --three-way (was: Proposal to improve package configuration upgrades)

>         Well. If the maintainer so desires, ucf does have this to say:
> ,----[  Manual page ucf(1) ]
> | --three-way
[ ... ]

>         Seems like this is what is desired; however, the reason this is
>  not on by default is that some configuration files can be huge, and ucf
>  did not want to stash away _all_ the configuration files handled by it
>  into /var.  The exectation was that most developers with smallish
>  configuration files would use --three-way, but that expectation was
>  unfounded.

I understand. Thanks for the man page snippet.

At the risk of drifting away from Config::Model, couldn't ucf propose
by default the three-way merge if the configurations files are
"smallish" ? (with the option for the maintainer to specify --two-way)

By "smallish", I mean below a defined number of lines (say 1000 lines).

All the best

--
Dominique Dumont
"Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they

irc:
  domidumont at irc.freenode.net
  ddumont at irc.debian.org