Re: LXDE doesnt support Debian Menu

Le Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:02:29PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009, Sune Vuorela wrote:
>
>> I am considering starting a discussion within the KDE team to stop
>> supporting the Debian Menu.
>>
>> It becomes more and more useless - and it is also very ugly, as the menu
>> itself specifies icons that are nonexistant in all icon themes.
>
> This discussion comes up once or twice per year.

Hi all,

forgive me for repeating always the same thing once or twice a year ;)

I think that the Debian Menu should use the fd.o Destkop menu entry format.
This would already unify a lot both systems, and simplify packages as we could
then contribute many .desktop files upstream and move them out of the Debian
part of our source packages.

The formats are not as dissimilar as one can think at first:
http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/DebianMenuUsingDesktopEntries

I am unable to help for the programatic part, but I do volunteer to give a
significant part of my Debian time to help the transition.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan