Re: Security Issue of .desktop files

On mar, 2009-02-24 at 15:21 -0300, Daniel Ruoso wrote:
> Last week, an old security issue in desktop environments went through a
> widely public discussion (including on slashdot)[1][2]. As I said, this
> issue is not new[3], but there seem to be no action on the upstream to
> fix it.

In Xfce this discussion arised at some time, and Thunar/xfdesktop will
refuse to run “unsafe” .desktop files and present them with the mimetype
x-thunar/suspected-malware.

For the record, this as already been said, for example on
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xdg/8199

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis