Re: Re : squeeze and the future of the alpha port, redux

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 09:59:31AM +0100, Arthur Loiret wrote:

> 2009/2/20, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>:
> > Also unsurprisingly (to me, given my observations that had led to the post
> > in the first place), no one else has yet stepped up to be an alpha porter
> > for squeeze.
>
> I am volunteer to apply as alpha porter. I have several alpha machines
> of my own, which makes it easy to debug a failure on alpha.

no only due to the demand post release,
it is good to rethink the end of life of alpha.

> > I've cc:ed everyone who listed themselves as an alpha porter for etch on
> > <http://wiki.debian.org/alphaEtchReleaseRecertification>, to make sure
> > anyone willing to do the work on alpha for Squeeze has an opportunity to do
> > so.  But in the absence of some demonstration of committment in the next
> > couple of weeks, on March 7 I'll plan to ask the ftp team and the release
> > team to drop alpha from the archive for testing and unstable.
>
> I can provide access to some hardware if anybody else is interested in
> contributing to the alpha port.

it be cool to have a kernel alpha buildserver so that alpha
get autobuild before upload.

i'd volounteer in refreshing the config settings for alpha on linux-2.6
side, they haven't seen care for quite some time.

kind regards

--
maks