Re: Is the FHS dead ?

Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 09:32:43 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> > What reference do you have for [a Unix-wide scope for the FHS]? My
> > recollection of the FHS purpose from its inception was that it was
> > limited to GNU/Linux, just as now.
>
> For example:
>
>   <http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#BACKGROUNDOFTHEFHS>
>   <http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#SCOPE>

Thanks for that reference, I wasn't aware that the goals of the FHS
had been expanded after the first few releases.

> Maybe you were thinking about the FSSTND?

The one grew out of the other. Anyway, I'm glad to know my
recollection of the FHS's purpose wasn't faulty, just (according to
the history presented there) superseded by later changes.

--
 \             “Dyslexia means never having to say that you're ysror.” |
  `\                                                        —anonymous |