Re: Is the FHS dead ?

Le lundi 16 février 2009 à 18:08 +0200, Teodor a écrit :
> There is no need to create another standard, FHS is being continued in
> the LSB project at linuxfoundation.org / freestandards.org. FHS was
> the starting point for LSB.
> Even if the LSB project has been criticized by the Debian project,
> this seems to become the "the facto" file hierarchy standard for
> Linux. It is not perfect, but is being adopted by the majority of
> Linux distros.

Nevertheless, the Linux Foundation hasn’t made evolve the standard for 5
years. Where could we start if we want the standard to evolve?

Currently, the discussion is clearly happening at other levels. If you
look at the recent cgroups discussion for example, it will clearly be
decided at the distribution level, without any kind of standardization.

--
 .''`.      Debian 5.0 "Lenny" has been released!
: :' :