Re: incapable and obsolete APT / Aptitude replacement

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 03:52:56PM +0100, kc.ubuntu.cz@centrum.cz wrote:
> OK. Maybe i just supposed APT to do various things I'm used to expect
> from other package managements. Now i undrstand, reading the point of
> view of APT ?cotributor?, this piece of software is not for me.

Could you elaborate on this? One thing we've covered is downgrades,
which are not supported. Mixing packages from different repos is not
necessarily a problem, if the dependencies are coordinated between the
repositories. What else do you expect from package management software?

In practise, I've seen very few situations where a dependency problem in
a released version of Debian (that's a key point) exists. When one
exists in a pre-release version of Debian, the specific situation where
it arises is often avoided by tweaking some of the dependency
information.

--
Jon Dowland