Re: deprecated server packages in lenny?

[Daniel Baumann]
> although probably almost everyone already does, it's finally time to
> drop nfs-user-server (nfs-kernel-server has got support for nohide).

When are host netgroups expanded by nfs-kernel-server?  I had the
impression that only the user space server would expand the host
netgroups used to control NFS exports when a mount request arrive,
while the kernel NFS server would expand them when the exportfs call
was done.  The latter do not work well for netgroups with changes done
after the exportfs call.

I use the user space NFS server to make sure netgroups are expanded
when the mounting happen, and not during boot of the server.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen