Re: Should 32-bit apps work with a 64-bit kernel?

hi,

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 12:58:43PM +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> I'd think you should enable it for all 32 bit builds; it is, I think,
> a step in having support for large files (files bigger than 2 or 4
> gigabytes), something we wanted to have for... woody.

more specifically, what i think you really want is the output of
calling "getconf LFS_CFLAGS".  i.e. on my old 32-bit laptop it outputs:

-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

but keep in mind that this (either option i believe) breaks binary
compatibility, so if you're packaging a shared library or similar you may
have to tread a bit more carefully.

BR
	sean