Re: Modifying debian/changelog entries

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 01:20:17PM +0100, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> >   * Is it okay to occasionally modify old changelog entries for clarity and
> >     style, typos and such like, as long as you don't change the semantics?
>
> The occassional fix for the previous few changelog entries is probably
> fine.

In fact, I can think of one case where I'd actually encourage it.  We
occasionally update packages to solve security issues before a CVE
number for the particular vulnerability is known.  Retroactively
modifying the changelog to include the CVE number, once it's known,
helps to resolve any doubt about the specifics of the issue.

noah