Re: building packages/ chroot/ pbuilder/...

Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola@gmail.com> writes:

> I want to build packages for Debian. I'm running a debian
> testing/unstable mix, but the packages should be build in Sid right?

Yes, packages targeted for Debian should be built with the latest
available packages from ‘unstable’ at the time the package is built.

> How should I do it? I've seen a lot of different tools/ways on the
> web... please give me some clear information and good references.

Install ‘pbuilder’. Follow its documentation carefully. Search the
‘debian-mentors’ list archives.

You're welcome to later ask questions here that aren't answered
satisfactorily in the documentation or list archives.

> I've also just setup a apt-cacher local mirror

Note that ‘apt-cacher’ runs a caching proxy, not a mirror.

> should I do anything with it when setting up a building environment?

So long as your system can install anything from the latest Debian
‘unstable’, you shouldn't need to change your proxy to work with
‘pbuilder’.

--
 \         “A man must consider what a rich realm he abdicates when he |
  `\                       becomes a conformist.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson |