Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ???lenny-ignore????

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:16 AM, Brian May
<brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> wrote:

> You can edit PDF files with Adobe Acrobat too. They don't need to by
> hybrid documents.
>
> I think this is very dodgy and also requires proprietary software to do
> the editing. I don't know of any DFSG software that will do the same thing.

pdfedit is in main, and works when it doesn't crash.

> Is there any requirement that says the source code must be editable in a
> sane manner (e.g. editing a PDF file with a binary hex editor would not
> be sane) with entirely DFSG compliant tools?

That would be a practical matter rather than a DFSG one IMO. We have
packages in Debian that are in this situation right now, check the
archived bugs on beneath-a-steel-sky for example. #442192 from the
nsis package is another example.

--
bye,
pabs