Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ???lenny-ignore????

Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com>:
>  [NO CC, please]

Trying hard.  :-)

>  Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 14:59 -0500, William Pitcock wrote:
> >> If we waited for a release to be 100% perfect, it will likely take
> >> several more years. The good news is that the amount of inline firmware
> >> in the kernel is decreasing. So, eventually, all non-DFSG
> >> redistributable firmware can belong in firmware-nonfree.
> >
> > Do we have an ironclad commitment to not add any additional non-DFSG
> > firmware, period, no matter what?  I would accept a compromise which
>
>  First of all sorry for mentioning it here. But doesn't 2.6.27 partially solve
>  the issue by moving all that stuff to firmware/? it could easily be stripped

'Scuse please, just trying to understand the problem.  Does
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/10/msg00599.html lead to a
solution to this question (2.6.27 == Magic Bullet?), or should I be
looking elsewhere for the denouement?

http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.devel/msg/6b41aaebf198bc1e

I've been doing a lot of reading and spinning my wheels, and it all
seems to lead back to those urls.  Thanks for nudges, Cc:'s welcome,
I'm !subscribed.

- -    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html