Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ???lenny-ignore????

On Tuesday 21 October 2008, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> This is a technical dispute?  Whether your packages need to comply with
> the DFSG?

Isn't a dispute about alternative fixes for a bug a technical dispute?
I thought that was your point.

The violation itself is not a matter for the TC (although it could be if
the maintainer argued that it wasn't a violation at all). But whether
your proposed fix is suitable for Debian when the maintainer prefers a
different type of fix certainly is. And it would even be a matter for the
TC to decide whether the maintainer is right in rejecting your fix as an
intermediate solution.

And if the TC agrees with the maintainer and you still want (to help get)
the bug fixed, your only option will be to code the more complex fix.

Anyway, I'm having a very hard time to take you seriously on any policy
compliance issues as you are still CCing me on Debian listmail in
violation of the Debian list policy despite a request I sent you earlier
privately.

EOD for me.