Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ‘lenny-ignore’?

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 12:23:20PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 20:18 +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> > Apparently, our control structures are not reliable enough to _enforce_
> > what we have decided.  It seems we relied primarily on the release team,
> > which has betrayed the goals of the project, and only count on the FTP
> > team as a fallback, which so far has done nothing about it.
> >
> > Looks clear that we need to change something don't it?
>
> Yes, we need a rule that we never release with non-free software.
>
> I thought we already had such a rule, but if the release team needs us
> to vote on the social contract again, we can do so.

We already have a stronger rule in SC, saying that Debian (including
unreleased versions) is 100% free.

Obviously, there's always going to be a time lapse between the moment in
which a bug is filed and a fix is uploaded.  We used to think the upper limit
to that lapse would be "till next release", but one can't rely on the release
team to enforce that anymore, so why not define an upper limit in GR instead?

I'll be working on this tomorrow and send a draft to -vote.  Please participate
in the discussion if you can.

--
Robert Millan