Re: autoreconf and quilt

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 03:56:16PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Sylvain Beucler <beuc@beuc.net> wrote:
>
> > - a static patch to go to the 'maintainer-clean' state
>
> No, just running 'make maintainer-clean' in the clean rule of debian/rules.
>
> > - plus using 'autoreconf' in debian/rule
>
> Yep.
>
> > Otherwise they will also be several modified files in the working
> > directory after a build & clean.
>
> If maintainer-clean does not remove them, you can remove them manually with rm.

Thanks for the precisions.

In this case though, a second build will show changes in the diff
outside of debian/ (removed files).  I'm likely to upload this diff by
mistake.  That's why maybe a first quilt patch that get rid of all
autotools-generated files could help.

Anyway I think the most elegant solution is to fix upstream directly,
gonna do that instead ;)

Thanks,

--
Sylvain