Re: debian package dependencies

Hi,

This should have been debian-user posting...  This is not right list.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 12:42:39PM +0200, Jan U. Hartmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm maintaining the Debian Package for a network appliance. The Update
> is executed via Webinterface.  My problem is that I need an additional
> package in a newer Version of my appliance.

Then use or make a back ported pakage.

> I can't change dependencies, that would lead to an error, right?
> Do I have any chance to tell my new paket it needs package xy??

s/paket/package/ , I guess...

You make your own or use one available in backports.org etc.
  http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php

> The User does not have shell nor console access.

But administer have access to the machine via sshe/fai, etc., I guess.
No problem.

> Thanks a lot,

Read some basic documentations:
  http://www.debian.org/doc/