Re: mpeg encoder patents

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> writes:
>
>> We need to stop pretending that patent enforcement is one of our
>> responsibilities
>
> I've not seen anyone argue that it is, nor request that we do such
> enforcement.

Then you have been closing your eyes. I've already given references in
this thread to where this is already happening.

> [0] No, I don't have the specific patents to hand; I'm correcting what
>     I see as a false argument, not arguing about specific patents.

please focus on the $subject, or at least indicate that you are changing
the subject by doing so in the mail header.

> Not only does this act expose the Debian project and, possibly, its
> members to such liability, it openly encourages its recipients to
> likewise expose themselves to such liability. That seems to be quite
> contrary to our users's interests.

Only to a minority of our users that need to do a proper legal analysis
on stuff they sell anyways.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4