Re: dists/etch/Release.gpg missing from DVD images

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 05:53:22PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> Is it still the case that one needs to manually add an (gpg checking)
> exception for DVD images for upgrades from etch to lenny? If so, can
> someone please provide a text (license: GPL v2) for inclusion in the
> release notes?

Yes, I think so. You need the APT option
  APT::Authentication::TrustCDROM "true";
Debian Installer adds this since Sarge in
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00trustcdrom IIRC.

Nevertheless there is no way I know to have this working also
with CD/DVD image files instead of using CD/DVDs registered with
apt-cdrom. And I also noticed during my last upgrade that unsigned
packages provided via loopback devices are ignored if another APT source
with signed packages (even from a very slow network mirror) are
available.

Jens