Re: Headsup: ncurses soname bump 5 to 6

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Adeodato Simó wrote:
> >   * introduce a ncurses5 source package.
>
> sounds elegant to me, will do like that. thanks for beeing constructive.

As you have been warned already, do watch out for symbol colisions due to
the lack of symbol versioning in ncurses libs.

It is probably enough to version symbols in the new soname packages, but it
requires some testing with an application that links to a lib linked to old
ncurses (while the app itself or another lib it is linked with uses the new
ncurses).

  Henrique Holschuh