Re: people.debian.org to move to ravel

[...]

PP> This machine, ravel.debian.org, will become the new
PP> people.debian.org machine, providing general shell services to DDs
PP> and the http://people.debian.org/~<user>/ webpages.

Hi,

as of now gluck.debian.org handles mail for a few *.debian.net domains
of some of us (klecker used to before gluck, see
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/02/msg00965.html> for the
original announcement and gluck:/etc/exim/bsmtp for the current list).
We fetch that mail via bsmtp (over ssh), exim cares to spool it in
~/bsmtp/ for us.

Since you plan to restrict access on gluck, I thought ravel would have
carried on this service.

I added 'dnsZoneEntry: salve IN MX 0 ravel.debian.org.' to our LDAP
database to test if ravel is already set up to deliver mail for such
domains via bsmtp and tried:
salve@ravel[~]$ host -t mx salve.debian.net
salve.debian.net mail is handled by 0 ravel.debian.org.
salve@ravel[~]$ date | mail salve@salve.debian.net
I got a
    Remote MTA ravel.debian.org: SMTP diagnostic: 550 relay not permitted
back.

What are your (DSA) plans about this matter?

--
Thanks, Davide