Re: Should selinux be standard?

On 16/09/08 13:44, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 September 2008 13:40, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
>> so an `ls -Z` does not work for you?
>
> It doesnt do anything useful here.
>
> I'm all for enabling selinux per default, but I think it should be done, when
> it works and such a change shouldnt be done so close before a release. The
> point is, that libselinux1 is installed everywhere, but not used/enabled on
> default. So whats the point in installing it everywhere?

I can't see why you're complaining about libselinux1 - it's just a library,
and has to be installed everywhere since e.g. coreutils, sysvinit are linked
against it.  Like many libraries, it is quite happy to sit there doing
nothing.  The question is about installing policycoreutils and
selinux-refpolicy-default.

Was anyone suggesting enabling selinux by default for lenny?  That doesn't
seem sensible at this stage in the release cycle.  Given that, it probably
makes sense to reduce the policy priority, but with the intention of raising
it again after lenny is released and making "SELinux enabled by default" a
release goal for squeeze.

Best wishes,

--
Martin Orr