Re: Should selinux be standard?

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 14:12:13 +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> Le dimanche 14 septembre 2008 à 21:32 +1000, Russell Coker a écrit :
> > For a typical desktop system (such as my EeePC) a default installation of SE
> > Linux in Lenny works for most things.
>
> What do you mean by "most things"? What is not working?

I just tried booting with selinux=1 on my laptop.  I see errors from mpd
related to /usr/lib/libtheora.so.0.3.3, from xdm starting my X session,
from sudo reading /etc/resolv.conf, from dmesg reading the system log,
from ssh-add connecting to the ssh agent socket, from dhclient3 reading
/proc/net, creating a socket and doing anything with it, then some more
errors from bind startup, postfix startup, mutt, gpgkeys_hkp (apparently
it's not allowed to connect to 11371/tcp, firefox, or gconfd-2.  Uptime
is about 20 minutes, and dmesg|grep -c 'avc:  denied' returns 73.
Looks like it's not ready for prime time to me.

Cheers,
Julien