Re: Should selinux be standard?

On Sun, September 14, 2008 12:40, Frans Pop wrote:
> For those reasons I support the suggestion to change the priority of
> SeLinux back to optional.
> We can always discuss returning it to priority standard if/when SeLinux is
>  really ready to be not only installed by default, but also activated by
> default.

I think an important question here is how worthwhile it is to have the
packages installed by default but disabled by default. I can appreciate
the benefits of standard priority and enabled by default, and of optional
priority, but this middle way doesn't make much sense to me, especially if
it has significant drawbacks to those not using the functionality.

If the administrator is required to take some steps to enable SElinux,
installing the packages will most likely not be the blocker for them, will
it?

So yes, please downgrade to optional as long as the packages aren't
enabled be default.

Thijs