Re: RFC: DKMS - Dynamic Kernel Module Support

On dim, 2008-09-14 at 09:15 +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le samedi 13 septembre 2008 à 07:08 +0000, Tzafrir Cohen a écrit :
> > And as I mentioned before, the problem with those generated debs is
> that
> > you can not install two of them on your system if you have two
> different
> > kernel variants.
>
> Then it is a bug in the Debian dkms package, and one that should be
> quite easy to fix. Certainly not something that should prevent us from
> embracing it.

And I'm sure upstream people would be quite fine with adding such fix. I
recently submitted a patch and opened a discussion about presence of _
in generated packages name. This was fixed really fastly, so they are
really open for discussion.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis