Re: Lenny upgrade-advisor

Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Am 7.9.2008 schrieb "Franklin PIAT":
>>I've worked on an upgrade advisor tool for Lenny. The idea is to do some
>>sanity check to then warn the users of potential problems (and also
>>advertise some best practices). The example below should be quite
>>explicit.
>
> Wonderfull idea!  Are you "synchronizing" with the release notes?
> Meaning, that you things you test, are documented there and vice versa?

Good suggestion.

>> * Add links to Release Notes.

For each test, I want to have a link to some official docs (Release
Notes, Installation guide, etc). This is now implemented.
It would be great to test all entries in the release notes, but it often
requires a very good understanding of the problem. (If one knows how to
test it, your patches are welcome).

One thing I wish (but I can't do it alone), is to list/detect all the
applications that require user intervention for the migration (I mean
any intervention other than debconf).

It's now hosted on collab-maint[1]. As usually, contributions are welcome.

Thanks you all for comments (both on this ML, and private email).

Franklin

[1] http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/upgrade-advisor.git;a=summary