Re: Release Update: freeze guidelines, testing, BSP, rc bug fixes

Franklin PIAT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 11:46 -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 08:01:29AM +0200, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> was heard to say:
>>> Release notes
>>> you know of any issues that need to be documented, file them as bugs
>>> against the ``release-notes'' pseudo package.
>>   Do you know where I can find the current version of the release notes?
>> I don't want to file bugs asking for documentation of things that are
>> already documented.
>
>>  Or is the NewInLenny page the staging ground for the release notes?
>
> Due to license incompatibility, the content of the NewInLenny wiki page
> can't be copied to the release notes.

Cannot you rename NewInLenny to NewInLenny-oldlicense and recreate a
NewInLenny page (with a link to NewInLenny-oldlicense ?)
  The new NewInLenny page would have a licence compatible with the
release notes and can be fed up with the content of the current release
notes...

> So if you write some text, then you should also send a mail to the
> release-notes maintainers (We won't repeat that mistake for Squeeze).
>
> Franklin

  Vincent