Re: Packaging team best practice

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 03:32:25PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> From some of the private conversations I have had I am aware that some people
> do not feel it is appropriate to list a team's email address in the Uploaders
> field under any circumstances and others probably feel the same way about the
> Maintainer field. Having some community guideline that says what is and isn't
> okay either way would be nice, even if it just says "do whatever."

Along these lines, we have this from the thread you cited:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2008/03/msg00016.html

This is exactly the kind of thing (ignoring the correctness of Piotr's personal
policy which I don't feel qualified to comment on either way) that would be
useful as a codified set of best practices.

Best,

--
Noah Slater, http://bytesexual.org/nslater