Re: Upcoming changes to supported architectures

On 11478 March 1977, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:

>> > In the absence of an explanation why this change is needed, I suggest "don't
>> > change what's not broken" as a sane alternative.
>> The fact that we currently have *no* guidelines at all is broken, so we fix it.
> It would be nice, though, to have a written guideline now as well how to get
> back in. I got the impression that there's currently just an idea how to
> drop those archs in questions, but not how to help or make it easier for
> them to get back in again.

it is included in my post.

 - If a removed architecture later can prove it will be able to make the
   next official release, it can be re-included into the official
   archive. This step additionally needs the acceptance of the Security,
   the Release and the Debian Admin Team. (It needs security
   autobuilders, porter machines, etc.)

> Anyway, I hope that ftp-masters will support the m68k port in either
> direction that will be made by the m68k porter meeting in Kiel in two
> weeks...

The same as we offer every other architecture going out or trying to
come in.

--
bye, Joerg
<liw> I'm a blabbermouth