Re: Deprecating (and deactivation) of an archive feature?!

Hi Joerg,

Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> currently our archive has the feature(?) that a source package in component a
> (like main) can build a binary package in component b (like contrib).[1]
>
> Now, this feature is blocking (or making it way harder) to do some
> database re-designs we want to do for the central archive database, so
> we looked if there are real users of it. Well, yes, there are (damnit :) ):
>

> In unstable we have
>
> Christian Holm Christensen <cholm@nbi.dk>
>    root-system
[snip]

Speaking as Christian's sponsor, would it be possible to postpone this
redesign until after the release of Lenny?  Otherwise it makes life
somewhat difficult for those (and their sponsors :-) who maintain such
packages and want to keep them in a good release status for Lenny.

best regards,

--
Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty@gmail.com>
WWW: http://www.starplot.org/