Some autobuilders wait for build-indep dependencies

Hi,

I've uploaded a new version of zeroc-ice packages which essentially
falls back to target build-arch whenever the autobuilder tries the build
target on architectures other than i386.  I hope the Build-Options
control field or a similar approach will enter the Debian policy soon so
that I can remove the kludge.

It seems to be working nicely on most autobuilders
( http://buildd.debian.org/zeroc-ice ) but there are some of them
(alpha, armel, and hppa) that seem to be waiting for Build-Depends-Indep
rather than just Build-Depends.  I know the Debian policy states that
target build requires both Build-Depends and Build-Depends-Indep, but
what else can I do if build-arch and build-indep targets are still
optional?

I think having both Build-Depends and Build-Depends-Indep is a good
heuristic for the autobuilders to try just build-arch instead of build.

Regards,
Paco

--
Francisco Moya Fernandez      Computer Architecture and Networks Group
Assistant Professor