Can a package modify slapd.conf in its maintainer script?

Hello all,

I need some help regarding #493781: the submitter reported the bug as grave
because he thinks that modifying slapd.conf to include an extra LDAP schema
from the maintainer scripts of a package (phamm-ldap in this case) is
against the Debian policy.

Considering that slapd.conf is not (anymore) a conffile, in my opinion this
behaviour is not forbidden from the Debian policy and thus the bug report
could be closed without any change to the phamm-ldap package.

Of course, having an official way from the slapd package to add new schemas
would be wonderful, but until this feature is added I think that this is
the only possibility to automatically include a new schema in slapd.conf.

Opinions?

Thanks in advance,

--
Fabio Tranchitella <kobold@debian.org>                        .''`.
Proud Debian GNU/Linux developer, admin and user.            : :'  :