Re: cipux-storage_3.4~svn2489-2_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 21:06:24 +0200, Vincent Fourmond wrote:

> > I am perfectly aware that libversion-perl is available only as a virtual
> > package in unstable and testing.  I deliberately chose to use those
> > virtual packages in order to ease backporting to Debian stable.
>   ftpmasters replied it was a mistake so there's obviously nothing wrong
> with that, but I had the impression that it was always safer to provide
> a real package as an alternative of a virtual one: I don't see where it
> would hurt backporting to use
>
> libversion-perl | perl-modules (>= 5.10.0-13 -- or whichever version got
> the library in)

We've been using "perl-modules (>= 5.10) | libversion-perl" for a few
packages in the perl group (i.e. putting the real package before the
virtual one).

Cheers,
gregor
 : :' :  debian gnu/linux user, admin & developer - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    BOFH excuse #48:  bad ether in the cables